Monday 28 January 2013

Mothmetamorphosis


scan0110
As well as being a fairytale, What To Look For In Winter is taking on a fantastical element, with coats and people metamorphosing into moths…
scan0108
He pulled his coat
over me
his moth’s wings
And I was mothballed
moth-eaten
I blended into the
curtain
just like a moth.
scan0109
I like moths. They’re badass, melancholy winter butterflies, bewitched by the moon (so the Stitch Witch in me approves!)
I embroidered a moth for my series The Onion Cutters’ Club:
moth018019023
Doubtless I’ll be using the lepidopterans as a motif in the future.
The text of this latest page of What To Look For In Winter is inspired in part by a grainy webcam self portrait I took in which I am blending into the curtain “just like a moth“.
Snapshot_20121119_23

No comments:

Post a Comment