Tuesday 30 April 2013

Two features on embroidery blogs in two days!

(Well, almost two days!)

Since coming back to the Flickr and Blogger folds, my blackwork commissions of treasured childrens' storybook illustrations have been getting rather a lot of love.

First they were featured over at the &Stitches blog on Sunday:

And today they were featured on Mr X Stitch's "Too Cute Tuesday" post by the wonderful blogger Olisa Corcoran (aka cocoaeyesthestitcher):


The response to these pieces has just reconfirmed for me that delicate blackwork is what I should be focusing on right now... I'm working up a little series, and will hopefully exhibit them in the summer. Here's the first of the series:



7 comments:

  1. I found you via the blogs that you mentioned. I love your black work it's beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm working on honing it. I've had a look at your blog; your girls are so sweet and winsome.

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful, I love the way you've transferred them onto the hankies. Are they hand stitched? I only do cross stitch so this is new to me. Do you draw the pictures then stitch over them or chart them first and do counted stitches?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      They are hand stitched, they are a combination of being roughly sketched on to the hankies with pencil and then stitched over, and free hand embroidery.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Many thanks, Emma! I so enjoy working in this style, it seems I've found one which really suits me. :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful designs. I love your design and the embroidery.

    Screen printing city

    ReplyDelete