Wednesday 8 May 2013

Lunar Moth


You may have noticed by now, I have something of a predilection for moths.  As The Constellation Quilt is all about stars and the night sky, I couldn't help but stitch up a lunar moth as one of the quilt patches. And as Polly Kettle, the quilt's subject, is something of a femme fatale, I stitched a female lunar moth (the female of the species's colouring is more in line with the toning of the quilt, too!)

I don't know if anyone else has this experience, but this embroidery was one of those ones for me where I've been working on it so long I can't tell if it's any good or not anymore, and truth be told I think I'd still like to have a little play at perfecting it, and adding more realistic and subtle shading. Whether I actually will is another matter; I've got too many new ideas to plough on with, including more floral-themed blackwork and a project about gold reward stars...

No comments:

Post a Comment