Tuesday 28 January 2014

Celia Johnson

You might have noticed I'd disappeared from these parts for a wee while. Well, that's because I've been busy tackling blackwork... oh, and celebrating my twenty third birthday with a cocktail or two.

Celia Johnson just needs the final RSN seal of approval and then, fingers crossed, she'll be mounted on Thursday, ready to be assessed and then framed.

And I must say I'm rather chuffed with her! She's been a pleasure to stitch from start to finish, with only a few hair-raising moments.

Here is the screenshot I based my blackwork on:



 Here is the final result:


And here are all the stages in between (I got a bit snap happy as time went on!):




















Onwards and upwards to silk shading come Monday; I'll be stitching a Boletus satanas, or "Devil's mushroom"... alongside an innocent little oak leaf.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Emma! I really enjoyed stitching her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're incredible. Is there anywhere you can learn to stitch like this from home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, thank you! There are books available on blackwork, I recommend the RSN Essential Stitch Guides one. There are also plenty of online video tutorials to teach you individual stitches.

    ReplyDelete