Sunday 17 May 2015

Stick At It Potion




This week's #secretsofselfpreservation potion focuses, once again, on perseverance. These last few weeks, and the next, are some of the busiest I have had all year. Naps have become essential.

Next Sunday, I have a table at DIY Cultures, selling embroidered brooches, necklaces, lino print patches, badges, and my zine, Treasures For Your Troubles. I am slightly worried about getting all the stock ready in time, as well as some other commitments. Thus, once again, the potion bottle and ribbon are orange, to signify anxiety.

To accompany the simple mantra "Keep going" are miniature calendars from now until the end of the year. If I can just get through next week as well as possible, I should have some time for r'n'r.

After worrying in recent weeks about my future as an artist, a very wise person gave me a brilliantly simple piece of advice; just keep going, and don't get discouraged. And that is what I intend to do.

Remember you can get involved too, via the hashtag #secretsofselfpreservation, by writing about a simple way you plan to, or already do, take care of yourself. Alternatively, you can create your own embroidered (or written on paper) potion - just remember to include the hashtag #secretsofselfpreservation along with your snaps of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment