Sunday 5 July 2015

Get Your Nails Did Potion

This week's potion pays homage to Missy Elliott and her seminal track Work It. "If you a fly gal get your nails done, get a pedicure, get your hair did". Currently I can't afford to get my nails done, but I did get my hair did the other day, and between that and cleaning and tidying my bedroom from top to bottom I feel like a whole new woman. 

Due to my work rota I'm finding myself with a lot of extra time on my hands at the moment, and I tend towards thinking that when I'm not working I must be being productive, i.e. making. In the midst of doing this the other day I decided to paint my nails, and took five minutes doing something nice for myself; the entire point of #secretsofselfpreservation. It doesn't take a lot of time or effort to practice a simple act of self care, and so this week's potion reads "Self care takes a second and you don't need to 'earn it'." It is accompanied by a tiny pot of ruby slipper nail polish.







Remember you can get involved too, via the hashtag ‪#‎secretsofselfpreservation‬, by writing about a simple way you plan to, or already do, take care of yourself. Alternatively, you can create your own embroidered (or written on paper) potion - just remember to include the hashtag #secretsofselfpreservation along with your snaps of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment