Sunday 6 March 2016

I still believe in happy endings

About this time last month I went to the Polyester Magazine Issue Four launch. There was a soundtrack of No Scrubs and My Neck, My Back, and, amusingly, being the only person there in a suit, Pip said he felt like he was "taking his thirteen year old daughter to a Green Day concert", but those weren't the only reasons we were there; I have some work featured in the magazine this issue.

You may remember this blog post about the commission I took on for stylist Alice Whiting. Well, the pieces I embroidered for Alice were part of a stunning editorial she put together for Issue Four. You can buy the magazine here to see the excellent company I'm in.

Photographer Sacha Burrows kindly sent me all her favourite shots from the photoshoot of the dress and blouse. I think she did an absolutely stunning job, as did Alice with the styling, and the models Poppy Hanam and Ellen Jasper. The softness and timelessness of the images really captures the skewed fairytale feel I aim for in my work.

I am available for embroidery commissions for fashion, fine art, or a melding of the two, just like here. Please email katerolison@googlemail.com with your requirements and for a quote, and I will be happy to help.










No comments:

Post a Comment